2050 Today: Research and Strategies for Mid-Century Decarbonization
ClimateWorks is pursuing five key approaches to meeting 2050 carbon reduction goals. This deck summarizes what we’re learning, big questions with which we are still grappling, and our philanthropic focus AND recommendations to ensure we meet our 2050 goals.
Although there is more to explore, research, and learn, society cannot afford to wait until we know all the answers. ClimateWorks, with the generous support and engagement of the climate philanthropy community, is undertaking further activities to support these five key approaches to meeting 2050 carbon reduction goals.
The Executive Summary covers:
- Overarching themes from the 2050 Today Event in June 2018
- How we have refined and deepened our thinking over the past year
- Five key approaches to meeting our mid-century goals:
- Three low-carbon/decarbonization transition approaches
- Two critical techniques for advancing these approaches