Reporting to the senior advisor, Funder Collaborations, the executive assistant is responsible for scheduling meetings, international conference calls, videoconferences, and webinars with VIPs and groups as well as managing various calendars. He/she maintains relationships with colleagues from diverse cultures, serves as the department administrator, and tracks, implements, and coordinates collaborative processes in support of key departmental goals. Assiduous attention to detail, high-quality work products, precise process tracking, a passion for seamless logistics and a talent for coordinating collaborative processes are critical to achieving the team’s collaborative goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Scheduling and VIP relations
- Manage a constantly changing calendar of meetings, calls, videoconferences, and in-person events as well as schedule and coordinate high-level meetings, including with international colleagues and various collaboration groups.
- Set up and support audiovisual and other logistics for high-quality conference calls, video conferencing, and in-office meetings.
- Provide individualized “white glove” customer service; maintain highly professional relationships with external VIPs.
- Coordinate steps in complex collaborative projects to meet scheduling goals and deadlines.
- Handle confidential and sensitive matters with tact and discretion.
- Edit and proofread related materials.
Senior advisor support
- Manage the senior advisor’s calendar, handle business communications, provide support services and help prioritize demands on her time. Recommend appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Implement internal reporting, including receipt gathering and monthly expense report filing.
- Provide briefing materials to support the senior advisor’s meeting, event, and trip preparation.
- Research and book as well as provide logistical support for domestic and international travel. Provide travel package with background briefings as needed.
- Track and coordinate processes, plans, timelines, and logistics for special projects according to existing protocols or help develop new protocols.
- Help build out and maintain the department’s CRM, as well as coordinate and track project work related to it. Manage department contact lists and generate reports as requested.
- Handle contracting and vendor payments, and meet internal budget reporting requirements.
- Record meeting minutes, and follow up on meeting requests and action items.
- Maintain the department calendar to avoid conflicts in scheduling of events and workstreams.
- Represent the department on internal cross-team infrastructure development projects.
Events and materials production
- Help produce and ensure the quality of outbound materials.
- Help prepare and disseminate materials to participants before and following meetings.
- Support event planning, logistics, invitations and attendance tracking as needed for two major international conferences each year.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Five-plus years of administrative work experience, with two-plus years in a senior administrator/executive assistant role
- Demonstrated success scheduling and managing complex VIP conference calls and videoconferences across time zones
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion; ability to work well with colleagues from other cultures
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute a high volume of scheduling and other daily activities in a fast-paced special-projects environment while demonstrating patience, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- Excellent judgment in setting and following decision-making hierarchies and approval processes, recommending improvements in processes, and adapting to meet goals or find solutions
- Assiduous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and enthusiasm for creating seamless logistics. Experience maintaining flexible systems and plans (e.g. timelines, plans, and tracking systems for project elements such as complex scheduling, outreach efforts, and expenses)
- Skill in proofreading and copyediting communications products
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and written communication skills and sense of humor
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision yet welcome multiple inputs that may be needed to finalize plans and products
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint) and google drive (docs, sheets, slides) products; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Experience with and willingness to learn and use software and new technology platforms that support scheduling, project coordination, and audiovisual communications tools.
- Pluses: experience working with an environmental organization or a philanthropy; experience working internationally or with remotely based partners
- Ability to travel occasionally, including the potential for 1-2 international trips per year.
- Commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks Foundation.
Compensation and Location
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role.