Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Staff Accountant I is responsible for the following duties:
- Manage all facets of accounts payable for ClimateWorks Foundation, CLUA LLC, and other special projects.
- Process all invoices and expense reports.
- Prepare and distribute/mail checks, foreign exchange transactions, wire transfers, and ACH payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and review outstanding accounts payable on a weekly basis.
- Maintain 1099 vendor information and annual filing of 1099s.
- Prepare reports and analysis as required or requested, including accounts payable aging report.
- Interface with vendors and staff with questions, concerns, or information requests.
Credit Card Administration
- Monitor credit card activity and ensure proper approvals and compliance with internal policies (travel, IT purchases, etc.).
- Prepare deposits and bring to bank.
- Assist with month-end close.
- Assist with annual financial statement audit schedule preparation.
- Assist Controller in defining and implementing accounting policies and procedures, including all travel, mobile device, and expense reimbursement policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- At least two years of accounts payable experience, in nonprofit sector a plus.
- At least two years of experience assisting with month-end accounting close.
- Ability to work independently and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiency with accounting software, Intacct experience a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, and experience reconciling/checking totals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to obtain information and approvals from staff at all levels and enforce accounting policies.
- Ability to effectively manage confidential information.
- Understanding of accounting rules, particularly as they relate to prepaid expenses, and accrued liabilities.
- Commitment to the mission of ClimateWorks.
Compensation and Location
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role.