Marketing & Communications at ClimateWorks
Global climate change is one of the greatest threats facing humanity. Despite powerful progress in recent years, the world is not yet on track to contain this threat. If we fail, we will do tremendous—perhaps irreparable—damage to ecosystems, economies, and communities around the world. If we succeed, we will not only avoid those damages, but we will also reshape the global economy in ways that will deliver many lasting benefits, including stronger economies, greater food security, less population displacement and migration, and better public health.
Sound compelling? We think so, too. The Marketing and Communications team at CWF has a key role to play in mobilizing philanthropy to help solve the climate crisis and ensure a prosperous future. We’re a small but mighty team, working to expand ClimateWorks’ communication, outreach, and engagement to funders, partners, and grantees across the climate philanthropy ecosystem. Building off of the communications foundation in place, we’re introducing new programs and approaches to increase our impact and expand the awareness of ClimateWorks in the industry.
We are seeking a creative thinker who will bring communications expertise, intellectual curiosity, energy and some fun to helping teams across ClimateWorks launch and grow their initiatives in alignment with ClimateWorks goals and brand. Our ideal candidate will be an effective communicator who has some experience with product marketing, campaign management, content development, and social media and is looking to grow his/her experience in a collaborative environment that is making a real difference in the world, every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, you will:
- Work cross-functionally with CWF teams to develop marketing strategies, assets, and plans to promote offerings, initiatives, reports, events, and investment opportunities.
- Research, draft, and develop multimedia marketing content and assets, by working together with internal teams and external vendors, as needed.
- Execute marketing/comms campaigns leveraging a variety of tools/channels such as SFDC, email automation, web, and social media.
- Measure program success and use resulting metrics to drive continuous improvement in marketing/comms strategies and programs.
- Help maintain the cross-CWF editorial calendar that incorporates industry events, CWF events, and marketing/comms campaigns.
- Coordinate and nurture CWF’s social media campaigns and communities, including responding to messages, moderating comments, and growing CWF’s base of followers.
- Support corporate branding and messaging efforts, PR, and thought leadership campaigns.
- Help define tools and processes to manage the workflow across teams.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices in marketing/comms for non-profit organizations.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, including marketing campaign management, content development, and social media marketing.
- BA in communications, journalism, or related field preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with proven ability to translate complex concepts into succinct, clear, accessible language for multiple audiences.
- Proficient with social media publishing and reporting tools.
- Experience with visual layout and graphic editing is a plus.
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to set priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Enthusiastic and natural team player with strong communications skills and the ability to work with cross-functional, virtual, and diverse teams to develop plans and drive results.
- Past experience with marketing tools and systems including web content management, CRM, email/marketing automation. Bonus points for experience with WordPress, SFDC, MailChimp, Google Analytics.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multi-task is a must.
- Passion for environmental issues and commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks.
Compensation and Location
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role.