ClimateWorks’ HR Department is responsible for providing quality HR services that support our employees and promote a healthy organizational culture. Our goal is to ensure that we have the type of HR programs, policies, processes, and practices in place that would aid us in attracting, developing, and retaining a high caliber workforce.
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and responsive Human Resources Specialist to join our HR department. The Human Resources Specialist will work directly with the Director of Human Resources by assisting with the day-to-day administrative tasks and projects supporting the HR function, including record-keeping, file maintenance, and HRIS entry.
The ideal candidate will have a background in human resources, an upbeat, eager-to-learn, “can-do” spirit, and the ability to be resourceful and figure things out.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for:
Human Resources / Payroll Administration
- Assist with day to day human resources administration: including but not limited to payroll and benefits administration, leave administration, and terminations.
- Update and maintain the electronic personnel records and files; ensure that relevant HR systems and files are up to date and accurate.
- Prepare and send routine HR correspondence, including onboarding emails, offer letters, promotion letters, and bonus letters.
- Coordinate with HR vendors/partners (PEO, 401k plan administrator, etc.) to resolve issues.
- In coordination with the Director of Human Resources, respond to routine HR questions and inquiries.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources with the organization’s annual compensation review process.
- Maintain payroll files and track changes for each pay period. Update payroll changes in HRIS.
- Assist with ad hoc HR projects and initiatives, such as the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative.
- Complete the monthly expense report filing for Director of Human Resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Provide administrative support to recruitment function: including posting job ads, coordinating and scheduling interviews, conducting the background and social media checks, and managing the pre-employment paperwork in a timely and organized manner.
- Assist with the new-hire onboarding procedures: including working with hiring managers, IT, and Facilities departments in ensuring that the new employee is properly set-up and has the necessary equipment, creating new employee files, assembling new hire packets, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to the appropriate persons.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources management, business management or related field plus 2 years of relevant work experience in HR; PHR certification a plus.
- Prior experience working with HR information systems; experience working with a PEO a plus
- Entry-level experience with benefits and payroll administration
- Must enjoy working with a diverse range of individuals, with a strong service orientation, able to focus on employee requirements and needs.
- Highly organized and reliable, capable of multi-tasking across daily activities with accuracy; ability to follow direction.
- Professional integrity and sense of responsibility and accountability; understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful, willing to take initiative and work independently when needed.
- Prior experience working with MS Office, Google Docs, comfortable creating reports, org charts, and drafting correspondence with accuracy and attention to detail.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role.