The Grants Specialist for the Clean Energy, Clean Air initiative will help ensure the smooth and effective completion of a wide range of programmatic tasks and functions related to grants management. The Grants Specialist will report to and work closely with the Associate Director managing the initiative. The position requires a detail-oriented, collaborative and self-directed team member with strong project management skills. The Grants Specialist will coordinate closely with ClimateWorks Foundation’s Programs and Finance teams to ensure smooth processing and administration of grants and contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Grants and Contracts Administration
- Processing and entering data related to grants, contracts, and organizational records using shared resources such as Fluxx, Google Drive, and Salesforce
- Reviewing supporting documents (including budgets and financial statements on grant submissions) to ensure compliance guidelines are met, sometimes working directly with grant and contract requesters to resolve issues
- Maintaining metrics for grants and contracts processing
- Coordinating on grantee update reports – sending report reminders, reviewing and compiling reports, and tracking submission metrics
- Managing annual grantmaking budgets across multiple programs on a monthly basis
- Providing other grants and contracts-related assistance as needed in coordination with the Associate Director
- Acting as first point of contact to frequent internal/external inquiries regarding grant and contract processing, awards, and amendments
- Providing general support including but not limited to scheduling meetings, coordinating logistics, note-taking during meetings, and proofreading materials
- Bachelor’s degree and interest in or experience with environment a plus
- Experience with database management is a must
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to reach out to different organizations of the ClimateWorks network and to interact with diverse profiles at external organizations
- Ability to juggle numerous competing demands and priorities, respond quickly to management requests
Having experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Grants administration
- Project management
Compensation and Location
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow this link to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.