The Finance Associate will provide essential support to ClimateWorks Foundation in grants and contracts administration and financial analysis. This position requires detail-oriented, independent, and professional work within a dynamic work environment. The Finance Associate will coordinate closely with ClimateWorks Foundation’s Programs and Finance teams to ensure smooth dissemination and administration of grants and contracts, and will support the Finance team on financial analysis, budgeting, and ad hoc projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Grants and Contracts Administration
- Maintaining up-to-date grant, contract, and organizational records (currently in two databases, Salesforce and Fluxx) and organized files
- Reviewing supporting documents (including budgets and financial statements on grant submissions) to ensure guidelines are met and providing the first round of compliance review, working directly with grant and contract requesters to resolve issues
- Maintaining metrics for grants and contracts processing
- Corresponding with grantees and contractors, including drafting and sending grant award letters and contracts and processing extension and amendment requests
- Coordinating on grantee reports – sending report reminders, ensuring approvals, processing interim payments, closing grants, processing no-cost extensions
- Providing real-time user support to Programs staff and grantees on the Fluxx grants administration system as needed
- Providing other grants and contracts-related assistance as needed in coordination with the Associate Director, Grants and Contracts
Financial Analysis and Other Support
- Providing support for fundraising proposals and subsequent financial reports to funders
- Providing ad-hoc financial analysis and/or analytical support as needed
- Assisting budget managers with budget questions and requests
- Providing assistance on finance team projects
- Four-year college degree with course work in Finance or Accounting
- Highly responsible and responsive with a positive attitude
- Collaborative team player, both within the group and across the organization
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excel at working with existing systems and resources while striving towards improvement
- Understanding of basic accounting
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel; high proficiency with other Windows products, such as Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Having experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Grants administration
- Project management
Compensation and Location
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. This position will remain open until filled.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.