Summary of Work
The contractor will work closely with the Planning Team responsible for evaluation and learning for ClimateWorks itself and with supporting learning for other foundations that we collaborate with.
The ELC will work closely with the Director of Evaluation and Learning to support ClimateWorks to manage its growing evaluation and learning work. The ELC will support the Director to manage evaluations, design and facilitate learning within ClimateWorks and with partners, conduct data analysis, prepare data visuals and brief reports, and communicate results and learning within and beyond ClimateWorks. The ELC will assist in the design and use of outcomes and indictors to support management and to demonstrate results across the organization. While some of the work will include day-to-day management and logistics, it will also include responsibility for individual workstreams. The position requires excellent organizational and program management skills, good attention to detail, and a technical understanding of and experience with evaluation and adult learning methods.
This is a short-term, part-time contract through February 2021 and possibly beyond. This role can be undertaken as a secondment from a credible organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Provide support to management of evaluation and learning projects, including managing project planning, timelines and logistics; keeping inputs from of a variety of stakeholders on track; support for contracting consultants; arranging interviews and meetings; etc.
- Manage evaluation and learning projects, including managing consultants
- Provide support to on-going and new evaluation and learning work
- Support design and use of indicators to track and demonstrate results
- Conduct data analysis and develop report-outs, including memos, figures, slide decks and other communications products
- Thought partnership for the design of new work
- Seek and support contracting evaluation consultants
- Other agreed duties based on the ELCs skills and ClimateWorks’ needs
- Undergraduate degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant, professional experience focused on evaluation and/or research
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to do the day to day administrative aspects of the role (e.g., scheduling meetings and interviews)
- Ability to work efficiently and successfully with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively manage time, projects, and budgets
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Commitment to ClimateWorks’ mission and values
- Advanced degree strongly preferred—with an educational background in evaluation, social science, research methods, environmental sciences, and/or public policy desired.
- Experience and comfort working in a highly collaborative and deadline-driven professional environment
- Familiarity with philanthropic giving, with climate change mitigation, and with emergent learning
- Ability to occasionally take early or late calls to accommodate different time zones where needed
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role.