[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ fullwidth=”on” module_id=”fullwidthheader” _builder_version=”4.4.3″][et_pb_fullwidth_header title=”Manager, Donor Communications” background_overlay_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” _builder_version=”4.9.1″ title_font=”|700|||||||” subhead_font_size=”26px” background_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” background_image=”https://www.climateworks.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/All-Color-Gradient.png” custom_css_main_element=”max-with:960px;”][/et_pb_fullwidth_header][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ module_class=”nopadding” _builder_version=”4.4.6″ background_color=”#ffffff” locked=”off”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.4.3″ custom_margin=”30px||30px||true|false” locked=”off”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.4.3″][et_pb_code admin_label=”Intro Summary” module_class=”homepageintro” _builder_version=”4.9.1″ locked=”off”]
[/et_pb_code][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.1″ hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″]
Note: This position was previously listed as ‘Manager, Development Communications’
About our Team
Climate change is one of the defining issues of our time – impacting our health, our safety, and our livelihoods now and for generations to come. Despite growing awareness and increased public mobilization on this issue, we are not yet on track to contain this threat. But we can be. Humanity has the solutions and the pathways to end this crisis, and collectively we can make this decade the one for climate action.
Sound compelling? We think so too. The communications and marketing team at ClimateWorks Foundation plays a key role in building awareness, generating donor interest, and promoting philanthropic collaborations that can help end the climate crisis. We’re a quickly growing team, working to expand the organization’s impact, outreach, and engagement to donors, partners, and grantees globally.
About the Job
If you’re seeking a position where the work you do makes a difference in the world and where you can put your fingerprints on the development of something new, this job could be for you. We’re looking for an experienced manager of donor communications who can apply their strategic thinking and creativity to help build this new function at ClimateWorks. Working with our development team, you’ll help map out the development process and identify and develop materials, events, and outreach campaigns to engage and build our donor community.
This is a highly collaborative role where you’ll also partner with our programs and services teams, external partners and vendors, and your teammates in our communications team to deliver on projects. Your superb ability to tell a story in words, slides, or video will come in handy as you communicate the extraordinary impact that philanthropy can have on climate change mitigation and the benefits to donors of working with ClimateWorks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the development team to create a communications strategy and materials to achieve annual fundraising goals.
- Support the development process for new climate donors by assisting with proposal development and presentations.
- Identify and develop succinct and compelling materials to support ClimateWorks-wide and program/service-specific fundraising, including case statements, concept notes, pitch decks, etc.
- Partner with the development team to create targeted outreach to build donor engagement, from first contact through stewardship, across channels – email, web, events, etc.
- Interview donors to create stories of impact that highlight the value of the ClimateWorks platform and publish as articles, blogs, videos, etc.
- Be a liaison between the development team and the communications and marketing team.
- Work with in-house communications and external vendors to produce materials and execute communications plans.
- Develop & publish the ClimateWorks annual report.
- 7-9 years of experience leading donor communications strategies at an organization focused on climate, environment, social justice, or research
- Deep understanding of the development process for cultivating and stewarding major donors – ideally foundations, family offices, and high net worth individuals
- Superb writing and editing skills with proven ability to translate complex concepts into crisp, clear, accessible language, especially suitable for donor communications
- Strong storytelling ability – communicated via words, presentations, proposals, video, and more
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends in fundraising and communications
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to set priorities and complete projects in a timely manner
- Enthusiastic and natural team player with strong communications skills and the ability to work with cross-functional, virtual, and diverse teams to develop plans and drive results
- Proficiency working with PowerPoint, Excel, and InDesign
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Significant knowledge and interest in climate change, climate policy, and other relevant fields
- Passionate about working to end the climate crisis and create a safe, equitable, and sustainable future
- Experience working in an organization that is quickly scaling
- Familiarity working with marketing systems such as Word Press, Salesforce, Pardot, and Google Analytics
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. In light of COVID-19, we expect for this position to commence initially as a remote work opportunity as state and local health guidelines evolve.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.