[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ fullwidth=”on” module_id=”fullwidthheader” _builder_version=”4.4.3″][et_pb_fullwidth_header title=”Grants Specialist” background_overlay_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” _builder_version=”4.9.4″ title_font=”|700|||||||” subhead_font_size=”26px” background_color=”#e9eade” background_enable_image=”off” background_layout=”light” hover_enabled=”0″ custom_css_main_element=”max-with:960px;” title_text_color=”#302a2c” sticky_enabled=”0″][/et_pb_fullwidth_header][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ module_class=”nopadding” _builder_version=”4.4.6″ background_color=”#ffffff” locked=”off”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.4.3″ custom_margin=”30px||30px||true|false” locked=”off”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.4.3″][et_pb_code admin_label=”Intro Summary” module_class=”homepageintro” _builder_version=”4.9.4″ locked=”off”]
The Grants Specialist will help ensure the smooth and effective completion of a wide range of programmatic tasks and functions related to grants management. The Grants Specialist will report to the Associate Director, Programs Operation. The Specialist will support a wide variety of grants, contracts, and gifts across the Programs team and a variety of initiatives which combined support several million dollars in grants annually. The Specialist may also support grantmaking in China, India and/or Indonesia. The Specialist should be detail-oriented, collaborative and self-directed team member with strong time management skills. The Grants Specialist will coordinate closely with ClimateWorks Foundation’s Programs and Finance teams to ensure smooth processing and administration of grants and contracts.
Grants and Contracts Administration
- Processing and entering data related to grants, contracts, and organizational records using shared resources such as Fluxx, Google Drive, and Salesforce
- Reviewing supporting documents (including budgets and financial statements on grant submissions) to ensure compliance guidelines are met, sometimes working directly with grant and contract requesters to resolve issues
- Maintaining metrics for grants and contracts processing
- Coordinating on grantee update reports – sending report reminders, reviewing and compiling reports, and tracking submission metrics
- Managing annual grantmaking budgets across multiple programs on a monthly basis
- Providing other grants and contracts-related assistance as needed
- Acting as first point of contact to frequent internal inquiries regarding grant and contract processing, awards, and amendments
- 2+ years of relevant work experience is required, ideally in grants and contracts administration
- Experience with Fluxx or similar systems is a must; Google Drive, Slack, Asana, and Salesforce is a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to reach out to different organizations of the ClimateWorks network and to interact with diverse profiles at external organizations
- Ability to juggle numerous competing demands and priorities, respond quickly to management requests
- Bachelor’s degree and interest in or experience with environment a plus
- Experience in non-profits grants administration is a plus, including grantmaking in China, India or Indonesia
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. Our offices are closed due to Covid-19, and employees are working from home. We anticipate transitioning back to in-person work in our office in line with health and safety guidelines sometime in the second half of 2021.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.